Saturday, May 30, 2009

Motivation

If you know me, you know I love to make goals and I hate complacency. I LOVE finding ways to improve. The other night, Eric and I saw "Forever Strong". If you haven't seen it, I highly suggest doing so. It totally makes me want to be the best "Mallory" I can be.


Eric and I are also reading "Total Money Makeover", which we're STOKED about. Another highly recommended read. This point really stuck out to me:

I heard a story about how mediocrity will sneak up on you. The story goes that if
you drop a frog into boiling water, he will sense the pain and immediately jump out. However, if you put a frog in room-temperature water, he will swim around happily, and as you gradually turn the water up to boiling, the frog will not sense the change. The frog is lured to his death by gradual change. We can lose our health, our fitness, and our wealth gradually, one day at a time. It might be a cliché, but that’s because it is true: The enemy of “the best” is not “the worst.” The enemy of “the best” is “just fine.”


Food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment