Sunday, April 11, 2010

To Love and Be Loved

I MET NIE NIE LAST NIGHT!!!


Here's how it went down:

After going to the movies last night, Eric and I stop by Sunflower Farmer's Market to do some shopping. We're in line and I'm swiping my card, typing in the PIN, when Eric says matter-o-factly, "Hey, there's Nie."

My stomach was in my throat. I looked up. Sure, enough. There she was, with her hubby, Christian, in the bakery section.

I lost all ability to understand what I was supposed to do next in my transaction:

Cashier: "Do you want cash back?"
Me: "What? Ummmm. Oh! No!"
Cashier: "Here's your receipt."
Me: Already walked away. Who can care about a receipt at a time like this?


Anyway, after much prodding, Eric convinced me to go up and introduce myself. Which I did, and I gave her a big hug. I hope I didn't hurt her hunchie! She introduced Christian and we shook his burn gloves. Amazing. Can I just say that Nie is beautiful?! She has a countenance about her. She really just glows and you can FEEL her sweet spirit. It feels calm and full of love.

While we were talking, it hit me like a ton of bricks:

This girl doesn't feel the same way as I feel about her AT ALL!
She doesn't know me. She doesn't know the joy and strength I've found from her so many times. She doesn't know that I know her kids, husband, and family, and the way she feels about life.
Our relationship is completely one sided!!!
And it made me realize something right then and there...
How beautiful it is to have the wonderful relationships that I have; where each person is giving and receiving love, and finding joy through each other. I have my own wonderful, loving husband. He makes my life full and rich and worth living. I have my own quirky family, and when I go to their house, I feel peace and happiness. I have friends who help me see the goodness in myself and who sometimes need my help. They love me, and I love them.
Meeting Nie made me realize just how wonderful my own life is and the people who are in it. It made me realize that my life is going to be an adventure and a journey. And I get to live and experience it all with the people I love.
P.S. Go see ''Date Night". It's awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't she just AMAZING!?! I am so glad that you finally got to meet her!! She is so inspiring and you really can feel her glow when she is around... I am certain that she felt your sweet spirit and your zest for life just like you feel hers!! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete