Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Well, Rachel called me out on my non-postathon sooo here I am!
It feels like lots of things have happened. It's been almost a month! I'll give you a little rundown of events:

*Eric and I went on Alpine Loop! My first time! (FYI--all these were shot in manual mode what what?!)


* Spent 4th of July in St. George--check out the house we stayed in! (these were all in manual mode too!)











Need I say more?? :) Made up for the LAME fireworks. Next year = Seattle!
*Eric graduated from police academy!!!! I'm SO proud of him he did such a good job. Now he's applying for departments in Utah. (stupid guy ruined the picture. I wanted to punch him.)
* Went to a family reunion--it was Eric's first! Note the awesome shirts we got!



FYI--my family is pretty freakin' sweet!
Also, I'm taking a photography workshop real soon...stay tuned for even better pics. Waiting for Eric to hear back from the two departments he's testing with. He'll be applying for two more this month.
Last but not least...I feel like I've been learning a LOT lately, like a LOT...about everything. Must happen when you're first married. About myself, Eric, relationships, family, etc. Sometimes it's hard, but more often than not, it's worth it. Call me cliche, but since reading Nie's blog (see link on side bar), I'm learning to slow down and enjoy every bit of life, because it's true--we never get these days back. We may be poor and living in a sardine can, but we'll only have this once. I'm grateful for Eric and for the blessings Heavenly Fathe has given me. I'm grateful to know that there is only more joy to be experienced as life goes on. But for now, I'm learning to just enjoy right now.

4 comments:

  1. I know whatcha mean about the learning a lot thing after marriage! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Rachel has no room to talk about not blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your latest entries - it's always fun to hear and see more about your lives - it was so much fun to see you and Eric at the famiy reunion - thanks for coming and making it more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the family reunion post, as well as all the ones after it. It is great to keep up on your life this way. Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

    Also, thanks so much for coming to the family reunion. It was awesome that you guys stayed and made it a priority. :)

    ReplyDelete