Friday, August 14, 2009

Ahh.

The sigh of relief. I took today off of work. Work is closed on Monday so that means a 4 day weekend! Perfect.

Things to Do Today

1. Wake up at 9:30am. That's the extent of my sleeping in abilities these days.
2. Rewash clothes and sheets that smell mildew-y because we left them overnight in the washer.
3. Find nice apartment complex maintenance man to jumpstart Eric's car so I could drive it to the repair shop.
4. Walk home from said repair shop and pray that we can afford whatever seems to be wrong with car.
5. Take a break.
6. Clean apartment.
7. Decide if I'm brave enough to go meet Nie tomorrow. (I get to cross it off my list! see ''10 Things'' entry) She's hiking the Y in lieu of her one year anniversary of the crash. Not gonna lie. I'm a little nervous and trying to decide if I can do this! What to say to someone who has had such an impact on your life. Words can't do it, I don't think.

UPDATE ON ERIC'S WEST VALLEY APPLICATION
Eric had his oral board interview yesterday. Now he has to get a background check turned in by the end of August and then they'll call us. And we found out there are about 100 applicants for 27 positions. Oh, I'm so nervous. So is he. We were both so confident, and we still are, but we can't help but freak out. What did they think? Why can't they let us know now?!
BAH!
I think I need to go to the Spanish Fork fair and supress my anxiety with a good ol' elephant ear...

3 comments:

  1. hey mallory!! i was lucky enough to meet "nie nie" this past sunday and it was an amazing experience!! her husbands brother is in my ward and they were up for a baby blessing... i thought i knew what to expect... i didn't... i cried... a lot... she is an amazing woman and has an amazing family!! i hope you get to meet her too... even if you don't get to talk to her, just being in her presence is awe inspiring...
    ~mishali

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll go meet nie with you!!
    If you get bored on your 4 day weekend call me :) please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you meet Nie?!!!?? I saw her pictures from the hike and it looked like a very special and moving experience for everyone who joined her.

    ReplyDelete