Wednesday, August 5, 2009

the stuff dreams are made of...

...that was Eric's way of describing 'The Melting Pot', which we so merrily visited for Eric's 24th birthday lastnight. I decided to spare my readers the documentation of food from my May post because we got the exact same thing, but that's just because it's the best thing on the menu!

We took our pictures in front of the Melting Pot sign. When it was my turn, I struck a few poses, until a bum came up with a huge grin on his face and said, "Keep doing it, I could watch you all day. She's a beautiful woman". That's when I said, "Creepy", and picture taking was deemed over.

On Monday, we went to Eric's parents house for the family birthday celebration. Outside was a praying mantis. It reminded me of my childhood days in Japan, so I channeled my 3rd grade bravery and caught it. I was quite proud of myself, considering I hate bugs. Why do we get more scared the older we get?

Eric's parents totally got us everything we needed to finish furnishing our apartment. Two bedside tables, a coffee table, and a table for our TV. All brand new! Woo hoo!

That's it for now. Hasta la vista, bebe!
p.s. Never wear a Shade t-shirt when you already have a bit of a food baby already, and are planning to eat Cafe Rio and Melting Pot on top of that. There is NO hiding that sucker.

2 comments:

  1. We just went there for our anniversary. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is that melting pot restuarant? I have heard about it a lot. Sounds tasty.
    Sorry I didn't call you about dinner this week, we just moved into our new place and it was a little hectic. But I would like to see you soon, so let me know when you can hangggggggggggggg

    ReplyDelete